Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for us all.”
- Find your dog. New to yoga? Returning to the mat after time away because of injury or life? Join us for Down Dog 101, a five week introduction to the fundamentals of yoga We will be offering two sessions of Down Dog 101 for the winter season.
* Sundays 2:00-3:00pm, January 8th through February 5th.
* Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm, January 26th through February 23th.
Five weeks for $50. Enrollment required.
- Yoga for Seniors is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, January 25th at 10:30am. This adaptive approach to yoga incorporates chairs and other props to encourage students to increase stamina and build strength, flexibility and improved balance.
*Wednesday 10:30-11:30am, January 25th through February 22nd.
Six week enrolled series. The cost is $60.
- Price change at the River. We will be raising our prices in 2017. The drop in rate will be $16, the Five class pass price will be $75, the Ten class pass will be $140, the Twenty class pass will be $240.
We will continue to offer a discount on class passes for students, seniors and active duty military. Five class pass, $70. Ten class pass, $130. Twenty class pass, $220.
We will offer an amended schedule for the Martin Luther King Holiday, Monday, January 16th.
- 10:30am – Karma Class to benefit The Carpenter’s Shelter for Homeless Families. Join us as we flow from the heart and the hips. Pay what you can, suggested donation $20.
- 5:30am – Yoga Basics
- 6:30am – Yoga for Athletes
Standard fees apply.
On the Horizon
- Trunk Show at the River
Saturday,February 11th 3-6:00pm
Join us for a little pre Spring Fling and shop for the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday with artisans from the Old Town North Farmers’ and Artisans’Market and local Alexandria Artists including My Lovely Brigadeiro, Annie Fitz Knits, The Pretentious Gourmet, Nancy’s Mosaic’s and more. Details coming soon.
In the Community
- Karma Class in support of the Womens’ March
Join us – Wednesday, January 18th at 6:30pm for an open level Karma Class in support of the Women’s March on Washington. We will have beanies, buttons and other items to help outfit you for the March. Suggested donation is $10.00 for this class. (cash only please, or donate ahead at www.womensmarch.com). All proceeds go to the March.
* SIGN UP HERE
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 571-218-2161
- Food Drive at the River
We will be collecting healthy, non perishable food for United Community Ministries and ALIVE throughout the winter.
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
“No man can step into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.”