Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
River's Edge Yoga Center is committed to the philosophies and criteria of the Green Yoga Association.
In honor of their service classes are free for veterans during the next week Nov 11th – 19th.
We will also be donating 5% of our studio revenue that week to Exalted Warrior and Veterans Moving Forward. Exalted Warrior works to incorporate yoga into the rehabilitation process of service members recovering from a loss of limb. Veteran's Moving Forward works to provide service dogs for service members.
Our next Down Dog 101, five week enrolled series will begin on Sunday, November 9th at 1:45pm and will run through December 7th. Down Dog 101 is the perfect introduction to yoga for the novice or those wishing to deepen their understanding of the fundamental principles of yoga.
- Thursday Master Class Series – Our next Ashtanga Primary Series Overview begins Thursday, November 6th at 7:00pm and will run through November 20th. The three week series will explore the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series. This workshop is geared to students with a minimum of 20 yoga classes and is not suitable for beginners. Three classes for $30.00.
Karma in the Community
In Alexandria one in five people suffer from Food Insecurity. In reaction to this shocking fact Alexandria has undertaken to Defeat Hunger in the community and as a part of the Defeat Hunger Campaign is seeking volunteers to help with their gleaning efforts at the Saturday Alexandria Farmer's Market.
For further information contact Sarah Kohn at email@example.com.
Alexandria Farmer's Market
Saturday, 1st, 8th and 15th
Volunteers are asked to bring their own milk crates or other containers to gather the food and carry back to Saint Paul's Norton Hall.
Food will be donated to The Lazarus Ministry Food Pantry and those in need in the Alexandria Communty. The first Saturday's efforts on November 1st collected Over 200 pounds of Food.
Food Drive at the River
- We continue to accept donations of non perishable food for The Carpenter’s Shelter, King Street Cats and Charles County Humane Society Cozies for the Critters. We continue to accept gently worn blankets and towels for King Streets Cats, the Charles County Humane Society and Lucky Dog Rescue.
Yoga in the Community
- We will be offering our next Yoga at Saint Paul's six week series beginning November 12th. The open level flow class will be offered on Wednesdays at 4:15pm. Six weeks for $72.00. A percentage of the class fees will be donated to the Carpenter's Shelter and the Lazarus Ministry Food Pantry. The class will NOT meet on November 26th.
To register contact Margaret Townsend, 571-218-2161.
Fitness on The Run – Open House
Date: November 20, 2014
Location: Fitness on The Run
Congratulations to our friends at Fitness on The Run for 10 years in business. Open House Thursday, November 20th! Mark your calendars for a fun night of raffle prizes, champagne, delicious cuisine from Power Supply and more! Fitness on the Run will also be collecting food baskets for the Carpenter’s Shelter that evening.
> More info at: www.fitnessontherun.net
David Swenson Entire Workshop Weekend
Dates: 3/13/2015 – 3/15/2015
- Breath, Bandhas & Pranayama
- Yoga Chikitsa: Primary Series
- Inversions & Backbends
- Eight Limbs & Daily Life
- Half & Half: Half First Series & Half Second Series
- Flying, Floating & Handstanding
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability