Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for us all.”
For the Presidents’ Day Weekend
We will offer the following class at the River
11:00am – 12:30pm Ashtanga Full Primary Series
12:30pm – 1:45pm Vinyasa Flow
11:00am – 12:00pm Yoga Basics
12:15pm – 1:45pm Yoga for Athletes
12:15pm – 1:15pm Yoga for lunch
5:30pm – 6:30pm Yoga Basics
6:30pm – 7:45pm Yoga For Athletes
- Find your dog. New to yoga? Returning to the mat after time away because of injury or life? Join us for Down Dog 101, a five week introduction to the fundamentals of yoga We will be offering two sessions of Down Dog 101 for the winter season.
* Sundays 2:00-3:00pm, January 8th through February 5th.
* Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm, January 26th through February 23th.
Five weeks for $50. Enrollment required.
- Yoga for Seniors is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, January 25th at 10:30am. This adaptive approach to yoga incorporates chairs and other props to encourage students to increase stamina and build strength, flexibility and improved balance.
*Wednesday 10:30-11:30am, January 25th through February 22nd.
Six week enrolled series. The cost is $60.
- Price change at the River. We will be raising our prices in 2017. The drop in rate will be $16, the Five class pass price will be $75, the Ten class pass will be $140, the Twenty class pass will be $240.
We will continue to offer a discount on class passes for students, seniors and active duty military. Five class pass, $70. Ten class pass, $130. Twenty class pass, $220.
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
“No man can step into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.”