Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“May we be protected. May we be nourished. May we work together with great energy. Let what we study be invigorating. OM. Peace, Peace. Peace”
Katha Upanishad (800-400 BCE).
We are delighted to once again be a sponsor for Be Well Virginia-Virginia Yoga Week and the Summer Wellness Campaign that follows. The 10th Annual Virginia Yoga Week… a Celebration of Mind, Body and Spirit …takes place June 11th – June 18th. Studios throughout the region will be sharing the gift of yoga, offering free, five dollar and charity driven classes in support of the Yogis for Positive Change Karma Project. Featured charities this year are YoKid, the Carpenter’s Shelter and Yoga Gives Back.
The kick off to Virginia Yoga Week is the Love Your Body Yoga Festival, Sunday June 11th, 10:00 a.m. – 5: 00 p.m. at the Reston Town Center. The event Sponsor is Beloved Yoga. I am the founder and chair of Virginia Yoga Week and will be speaking and teaching at the free event and introducing our friends from The Embassy of India as they promote the Third International Day of Yoga. The studio will be closed on June 11th and we will offer a slightly amended schedule on Saturday, June 10th to insure everyone has a chance to enjoy time on the mat.
Saturday, June 10th
- 10:00am Yoga Basics
- 11:00am Ashtanga, Led Primary Series
- 12:30pm Yoga for Athletes
Sunday, June 11th.
Virginia Yoga Week Classes at the River
Karma Classes (Suggestion donation $20)
Monday, June 12th, 6:30 p.m. Yoga for Athletes, benefitting YoKid and the Carpenter’s Shelter Wednesday, June 14th, 6:30 p.m. Power Flow, benefitting Yoga Gives Back
Tuesday, June 13th, 11:00 a.m. Yoga Sage-Chair Yoga
Friday, June 16th, 11:00 a.m. Mid-morning Flow
$5 dollar classes
Monday, June 12th, 4:30 p.m. Happy Hour Flow
Tuesday, June 13th, 5:30 p.m. Yoga Basics
Wednesday, June 14th, 12:15 p.m. Yoga for Lunch, Flow
Saturday, June 17th, 12:30 p.m. Power Flow
Sunday, June 18th, 11:00 a.m. Yoga Basics
Free events during Virginia Yoga Week include:
- Saturday, June 17th 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 am The Third International Day of Yoga on the National Mall, the Sylvan Theatre. * The Event Sponsors are The Embassy of India and Friends of Yoga
- Sunday, June 18th, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Solstice Celebration at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. The Event Sponsor is East Meets West Yoga
- Sunday, June 18th, 2:00 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. Free Yoga in the Fresh Air in Celebration of the Summer Solstice, at the Montgomery Park Gazebo, 901 North Royal Street, Old Town Alexandria, the Canal District. The Event Sponsor is River’s Edge Yoga and The Old Town North Community Partnership. We will be accepting at donations of healthy, non-perishable food for ALIVE, the Lazarus Ministry and Hunger Free Alexandria’s “Got Breakfast “providing 150 + families with a healthy breakfast at Free Yoga in the Fresh Air.
* The regularly scheduled Saturday 10:00 a.m. Yoga Basics Class will not meet on June 17th.
Many thanks to all within the area for their support of Be Well Virginia-Virginia Yoga Week and the Summer Wellness Campaign.
A particular mention and “thank-you” to our friends at Discover Arlington for promoting us through their social media outreach efforts. You can visit them at:
To learn more about Be Well Virginia- Virginia Yoga Week and the Summer Wellness Campaign, please visit www.virginiayogaweek.org.
See you at the River…
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
“No man can step into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.”