Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“We meditate upon that divine sun, the true light of the shining ones. May it illuminate our minds.”
Greetings from the River,
As the temperature rises and traffic worsens with the Metro upgrades we will be shifting the start time of a few of our evening classes to allow folks a bit more time to arrive at the studio and our weekend schedule will change to give folks a bit more time to enjoy their weekend.
Beginning August 6th
- 11:00am Flow class will be on hiatus through Labor Day, September 5th.
- 5:30 Yoga Basics will begin at 5:45
- Yoga for Athletes will begin at 6:45 pm.
- Monday 7:45 Vinyasa Flow class is canceled.
- 9:45am Ballet Class will be on hiatus through Labor Day, September 5th.
- 6:45 Yoga for Athletes will shift to an Ashtanga Short form class especially for my athletes. Give it a try! It is a slightly different approach, yet, still great benefits for the body mind and spirit.
- Yoga Sage at 11:00am
- Ashtanga Short Form at 12:15pm
We now offer two classes…
- 9:30am Yoga for Healthy Back, Hips and Joints
- 11:00am Mid-morning Flow
- 12:15am Yoga for Lunch, Flow
We now offer three classes…
- 12:30pm Vinyasa Flow Level 1
- 1:45 Saturday Yoga Basics
In the Community
- Free Yoga in the Park continues throughout the Summer on Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:00pm in the Old Town Alexandria’s Montgomery Park. 901 North Royal Street, next to the Farmer’s Market. Classes will be led by teachers from the Virginia Yoga Community. Come out and play! Many thanks to all of our yogis for their support of the Old Town North Thursday Farmers’ Market.
- Yoga at Saint Paul’s. A gentle yoga class for all. Wednesdays, 4:00pm July 27th – August 31st Six weeks for $72. Please note, contact Margaret directly to enroll for the session. A percentage of the class fees will be donated to The Carpenter’s Shelter for Homeless Families and The Lazarus Ministry.
- Check it out, our neighborhood is in the news!
On the Horizon
- Happy Hour Flow….Monday, August 14th – We will introduce a new class for those who work in the area and prefer to practice directly after work before heading home and settling in for the evening. 4:30 pm-5:45 pm.
Join us for this open level flow class designed to open the body after hours spent at the desk.
- Yoga Mom, Yoga Baby. Pre and post natal Yoga. Babies welcome!
Our next Yoga Mom, Yoga Baby session will begin on August 13th. Six weeks for $72….August 13th through September 17th.
- Down Dog 101 – Our next Down Dog 101 will begin on August 21st – September 25 at 1:45 PM. The perfect class for the true novice or those returning to the mat…Five weeks for $50. Registration required for this five week enrolled class. ***This class will not meet on September 11 – Patriot’s Day.
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability