Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
River's Edge Yoga Center is committed to the philosophies and criteria of the Green Yoga Association.
Greetings from the River
- The Wednesday Yoga Happy Hour Class will be changing time and focus this coming Wednesday, September 3rd.
- By popular request we will be adding a new Yoga Basics Class to our schedule – 5:45pm Wednesday.
In the Community
- Congratulations to our friends Fitness on the Run for their move to new digs. 210 North Lee Street. Great new space with signature Red Wall.
- Check out the fabulous Labor Day Sale at Abaca Imports. Jim and Cathy and their folks are great supporters of the yoga community and the neighborhood and always ready with cup of tea and ginger cookies.
On the Horizon
- Our friends at the Ashtanga Yoga Center Charlottesville will be hosting Ashtanga teacher David Kiel over the Labor Day Weekend. Visit their website for more info: www.ashtangacharlottesville.com/
- Sharath Jois, grandson of Pattahbi Jois will be in New York City from September 10th – September 15th.
Click here For More Info
Food Drive Updates
River’s Edge is continuing to accept donations of non perishable food to benefit The Carpenter’s Shelter, King Street Cats and XL DOGS
Kudos to River's Edge Yogi Kelly and her team on their successful fundraising efforts for Autism Speaks during the Bike to the Beach Event. They raised $15,000 to benefit this great charity.
Many thanks to all for their continued support of the studio.
Karma In the Community
- The Yogis for Positive Change Food Drive in support of Carpenter’s Shelter, King Street Cats and Dogs XL.
- Our cozies for critters campaign continues, please drop off used blankets and towels for King Street Cats and Dogs XL.
Many thanks to all for your continued fellowship and support of the studio.
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability