Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
River's Edge Yoga Center is committed to the philosophies and criteria of the Green Yoga Association.
Master Class Series
Series begins with an introduction to the Ashtanga Primary Series. October 9, 16, and 23, 2014. Thursday at 7-8:00am.
A three week enrolled series $30.00
Voice and Yoga Workshop with Melissa Hurt
November 8, 2014 | 3:00-5:00pm
“Yoga” translates to union of body and mind. The voice is an energy that integrates our bodies, minds, and spirits. We feel our voices resonate in our bodies, we use our voices to speak our minds, and we voice the truths of our spirit. Let’s develop and attune with this powerful energy.
This two-hour workshop will include explorations to connect with breath, attune with the felt vibrations and rhythms of voice and speech, an asana practice in which we will layer in the voice, kirtan (devotional chanting) and meditation.
Melissa Hurt is a certified voice, speech, and movement trainer and a certified yoga teacher.
Food Drive Updates
- River’s Edge is continuing to accept donations of non perishable food to benefit The Carpenter’s Shelter, King Street Cats and Charles County Humane Society
- Kudos to River's Edge Yogi Kelly and her team on their successful fundraising efforts for Autism Speaks during the Bike to the Beach Event. They raised $15,000 to benefit this great charity.
Karma In the Community
- The Yogis for Positive Change Food Drive in support of Carpenter’s Shelter, King Street Cats and Charles County Humane Society. Our cozies for critters campaign continues, please drop off used blankets and towels for King Street Cats and Charles County Humane Society.
Many thanks to all for your continued fellowship and support of the studio.
David Swenson Entire Workshop Weekend
Dates: 3/13/2015 – 3/15/2015
- Breath, Bandhas & Pranayama
- Yoga Chikitsa: Primary Series
- Inversions & Backbends
- Eight Limbs & Daily Life
- Half & Half: Half First Series & Half Second Series
- Flying, Floating & Handstanding
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability