Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
River's Edge Yoga Center is committed to the philosophies and criteria of the Green Yoga Association.
Beginning December 6th the Saturday class times will shift.
- Yoga Basics will begin at 12:30pm
- Vinyasa Flow will begin at 2:00pm
Food Drive at the River
- We continue to accept donations of non perishable food for The Carpenter’s Shelter, King Street Cats and Charles County Humane Society Cozies for the Critters. We continue to accept gently worn blankets and towels for King Streets Cats, the Charles County Humane Society and Lucky Dog Rescue.
Yoga in the Community
- Our Food drive continues at the River for both the two and four legged. During the month of December non perishable food will be donated to the Food Pantry at the Lazarus Ministry, Carpenter's Shelter, King Street Cats and the Charles County Humane Society
- We will also be collecting gently worn coats in support of the Share the Warmth campaign from November 25th through December 20th.
- We will be offering our next Yoga at Saint Paul's six week series beginning November 12th. The open level flow class will be offered on Wednesdays at 4:15pm. Six weeks for $72.00. A percentage of the class fees will be donated to the Carpenter's Shelter and the Lazarus Ministry Food Pantry. The class will NOT meet on November 26th.
To register contact Margaret Townsend, 571-218-2161.
David Swenson Entire Workshop Weekend
Dates: 3/13/2015 – 3/15/2015
- Breath, Bandhas & Pranayama
- Yoga Chikitsa: Primary Series
- Inversions & Backbends
- Eight Limbs & Daily Life
- Half & Half: Half First Series & Half Second Series
- Flying, Floating & Handstanding
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability