Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“The idea of life is to give and receive.
We will be offering an amended schedule of classes over the Thanks giving week beginning Tuesday, November 24th:
- 9:30am – Yoga for Healthy Back and Hips is on
- 11:00am – Yoga Sage is on
- 12:15pm – Yoga for Lunch, Ashtanga Short Form is on
- 5:30pm – Yoga Basics — We will offer the Yoga Basics on Tuesday in place of our regularly scheduled Wednesday 5:30 Yoga Basics
- 7:000pm – Ashtanga Primary Series, Led Practice is on
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
- 10:00am – Mid Morning Flow
- 12:00pm – Yoga for Lunch
- All other classes are canceled
Thursday, November 26, 2015
- Happy Thanksgiving! — All classes cancelled
Friday, November 27, 2015
- 11:00am – Mid Morning Flow
- 12:15pm – Yoga for Lunch
- All regularly scheduled weekend classes are on
Coat and Toy Drive at the River…
We will be collecting gently worn coats, gloves scarves and hats as part of the annual Salvation Army Share the Warmth Campaign sponsored by our friends at Burke and Herbert Bank and Trust.
Donations may be dropped off at the studio from November 21st through December 19th.
We will also be collecting Toys for the Toy Room at United Community Ministries through December 10th.
On the Horizon…
Ashtanga Primary Series Master Class Series begins Thursday, November 5th, 6:30pm. An overview of the complete Primary Series or Yoga Chikkitsa as taught by Pattahbis Jois. This is the perfect introduction to the philosophy and alignment of the Primary Series for those who wish to deepen their practice. Five Weeks for $60. Permission of instructor, Margaret Townsend, E-RYT 500 Required.
Yoga at Saint Paul's Episcopal Church
Our next six week session of Gentle Yoga for all begins Wednesday, November 4th, 4:00pm. Six weeks for $72. A percentage of the proceeds from this session will be donated to the Carpenter's Shelter for Homeless Families and the Lazarus Ministry.
Changes at the River…
We are slowly moving into the modern era with a more streamlined sign in system through our friends at Routeam… Details coming soon!
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability