Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa, Jiva Flow, Integral, Yoga Mom Yoga Baby pre and postnatal classes, Family Fun Yoga and Gentle Meditative Flow classes for all levels.
River's Edge Yoga Center is committed to the philosophies and criteria of the Green Yoga Association.
- Our Down Dog 101 Series will begin next week. Sunday, May 12th at 2:00pm and Wednesday, May 15th at 8:00pm. Five weeks for $50
- The Sunday Down Dog 101 will not meet on May 26th, the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend
- We are offering two sessions of Down Dog 102 as well for May. Monday, May 7th at 5:30pm and Sunday May 19th at 3:00pm. No Down Dog 102 over Memorial Day Weekend. 5 classes for $50
- Sunday, May 19, 2013: Yoga for Athletes – 12:15pm. Karma class to benefit Virginia Yoga Week featured Charity Yoga on the Steps, Living Beyond Breast Cancer. Pay what you can – suggested donation $20.00.
- Our dear friend Adi Carter will be with us on May 30th so come out and Play. Acro Yoga and Thai Massage with With Adi Carter. Thursday May 30th. 6:45pm – 9:00pm. $30 early Registration. Deadline May 23rd – $35 after. http://adicarteratrey.eventbrite.com/
- Benefit class on Memorial Day Monday. Pay what you can! Proceeds to benefit Exalted Warrior and Yoga Gives Back. Flow for the heart – 10:30am. Suggested donation $20
Coming Soon Event
- Take a breath… Sixth Annual Virginia Yoga Week: June 9 – 16, 2013
River’s Edge Yoga is thrilled to be a part of this year Virginia Yoga Week festivities offering Free, Five dollar and Karma classes to all within the Virginia Yoga Community.
$5.00 Class: Vinyasa Flow
Mon, June 10 at 8:00pm
Free Class: Yoga for Lunch
Tue, June 11 at 12:15pm
Karma Project: Flow from the Heart with Maureen Clyne
Fri, June 14 at 7:00 pm
Karma Project: Vinyasa Flow
Sat, June 15 at 10:45am
Pay what you can suggested donation $20.00. Mid Atlantic Pug Rescue, King Street Cats and Carpenter’s Shelter.
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
Yoga in the Community
- River’s Edge is delighted to offer Gentle Yoga for all.
Wednesday 4:15-5:15pm. A percentage of the proceeds from this program will benefit the work of the Carpenter’s Shelter and the Lazarus Ministry, St Paul’s Episcopal Church, 228 South Pitt Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, 703-549-3312. Please contact St Paul’s directly to register for class. firstname.lastname@example.org
- The owner of the Pilates Studio next door to River’s Edge has asked that I remind everyone to please wait in the reception areas located at either end of the hallway. Please do not block the hallway and please DO NOT STAND in front of her doorway. She has also requested that our clients arrive no more than 5 to 10 minutes early for a class to alleviate issues of crowding in the reception areas. Lastly, she asks that we do not leave the bathroom keys in the bathroom doors. I appreciate everyone’s compassion and understanding in acknowledging the needs of her clients who are often frail with limited mobility.
Yoga and Design Study
- River’s Edge has been selected to participate in a study of yoga and design. Anna Calderon, a student seeking her Master of Arts degree in Design Management with the Savannah College of Art and Design, is currently taking a class on “Methods of Contextual Research” and will be conducting research at Rivers Edge Yoga Studio. She is studying yoga in privately owned-stand-alone studios and plans to develop a deep understanding of the yoga culture and the stakeholders involved. She hopes to develop an understanding of what it means to maximize the yoga experience. You will see her board titled “Yoga Wall of Thoughts” in the front left corner of the studio room; it is designed to be interactive so feel free to participate and give her any feedback. She will also leave a few surveys behind and would love to hear from you. She can be reached by email at email@example.com if anyone has any questions. She thanks everyone for letting her observe some of the classes and for participating.