Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa, Yoga Mom Yoga Baby pre and postnatal classes, Family Fun Yoga and Gentle Meditative Flow classes for all levels.
River's Edge Yoga Center is committed to the philosophies and criteria of the Green Yoga Association.
Schedule Changes at the River
- The Wednesday 5:30pm Happy Hour Flow returns to the River, March 5, 2014.
- Wednesday, Yoga for Lunch will shift from 12:15pm to 12:30pm beginning March 5, 2014.
- Joyful Belly Dance is on hiatus til April 2, 2014.
On the Horizon
Intro to Sound Journey
Sunday, March 8, 2014. Mount Vernon Unitarian Church, Alexandria, VA
Join Jeneen Piccuirro (yogi, artist, bellydancer) in welcoming Master Sound Healer Triz Remedios from Canada for a series of unique and transformational events.
- Sound & Yoga (2pm) will bring together the powerful combination of Triz's sound healing and her tools (bells, gongs, drums, rattles) and Sri Yoga ( a gentle asana based practice from the tradition of Sri Karunamayi Ma) taught by Jeneen. Suitable for all levels.
- Intro to Sound Journey (4pm) will introduce you to the tools that Triz uses in her groups and ones that would be appropriate for individual at home use as well. Bells, gongs, whistles, vessels, singing bowls, drums, chant….and more! Get a hands on experience with the these tools, ask questions, and learn how to bring the sound tools into your own practices.
- Sound Journey Circle (7:30pm) will be a sacred event. Let go into the sound as you dance, chant, sing, play, drum, listen, meditate….. participating in whatever ways you wish. Setting your intention, watch the universe unfold through layers of sound to manifest your gifts. A truly unique and transformational event. Triz will be using her unique set of Peruvian Whistling Vessels during this ceremony.
Karma In the Community
- The Winter Food Drive in support of Carpenter’s Shelter, King Street Cats and Dogs XL.
- Our cozies for critters campaign continues, please drop off used blankets and towels for King Street Cats and Dogs XL.
Many thanks to all for your continued fellowship and support of the studio.
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability