Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
““Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for us all.”
Greetings from the River,
Greetings from the River,
As autumn arrives and we bid farewell to summer we will be making a few changes to the schedule:
Beginning October 3rd – the Monday Yoga Basics Class will begin at 5:30 and the Yoga for Athletes class will begin at 6:30.
On the Horizon
- Find your Dog … Our next Down Dog 101 will begin Saturday, October 1st 10:00 am and continue through October 29th. This five week series is perfect for the true novice or those returning to the mat after time away. Five weeks for $50. Registration required.
- Yoga Mom, Yoga Baby. Pre and post natal Yoga. Prenatal postnatal yoga for Mellow Moms returns for the fall on Sunday, October 2nd, 2 pm and continues through October 30th. Five weeks for $50. Registration required.
In the Community
- River’s Edge is donating two yoga classes to the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra ‘s Fall Family Festival Saturday, September 24th at Fort Ward Park:
**1:00 -1:30 Family Yoga with River’s Edge Guest teacher Melissa Hurt
**3:30 – 4:00 Flow with Studio Owner Margaret Townsend. For more information: Asofamilyfallfestival.eventbrite.com www.alexsym.org (703) 548-0885
- Flow Yoga and the Loudoun Community are hosting a two day event September 24th & 25th to benefit the Breast / Ovarian Cancer Awareness Fund.
**Saturday, September 24th – an Open House at Flow Yoga 1-7
**Sunday, September 25th – An outdoor yoga practice to close out the Virginia Yoga Summer Wellness campaign. The outdoor practice, hosted by Stone Tower Winery is a memorial celebration for those lost, those who have suffered and those who survive. Celebrate the gift of yoga in the beautiful Loudoun County Countryside.
- Neon Night Fun Run – Saturday, September 24 200 Spring Street, Herndon 5-7 PM. Sponsored by Northwest Federal Credit Union Foundation www.nwfcufoundation.org Proceeds benefit Inova Childrens’ Hospital Night of Magic Ball.
- Chant 4 Change – October 8th, Join the Metro DC Yoga Community and artist M.C. Yogi on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. http://www.chant4change.com/
- River’s Edge Yoga – Fit for Life – Columbus Day, October 10th 10:00 am. River’s Edge Yoga offers a Karma Class to benefit the American Cancer Society’s Fit for Life Wellness Campaign. Flow from the hips and the heart. Pay what you can suggested donation $20. Weather permitting we will take it to the river.
- Free yoga in the fresh air, Thursdays 5:30 pm in Montgomery Park continues through October 20th weather permitting.
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability